The garden design seeks to create a sustainable tribute to Charlotte, with:
- flower/foliage characteristics that include drought tolerance;
- use of native plants, herbs, daisies, groundcovers, bulbs and wildflowers;
- easy care;
- fragrant tall plants along the sidewalk to provide screening, and between the children’s library windows;
- spring to fall continuum of bloom; and a
- tapestry of varied foliage.
See the planting recommendations for a plant list, volunteer contact info, photos, and other details.
Volunteers are needed to help with:
What: Ongoing garden maintenance— (weeding, watering when needed, etc.),
When: Any two weeks over the summer and fall. Two 1-2 hour visits each week are recommended.
How: Instructions will be supplied.