Acton Clean Up Day started in South Acton, organized by Betsy Eldridge. Her son, Jamie Eldridge, now State Senator, brought the event to the entire town.
It’s usually been celebrated on a Saturday in late April It’s had a series of sponsors over the years, including the Acton Conservation Trust, the Acton Climate Action Team, the Acton Democratic Town Committee, and Green Acton. Green Acton sponsored cleanup days in 2010 – 2013, but not in 2014. The event was missed by many, and work is underway to revive it for 2015. Stay tuned, or even better, contact us to offer to help out.
Typical logistics for cleanup day:
CLEANUP DAY DIRECTIONS
- Come to one of the three sites listed below to pick up trash bags.
- Return the bags full of trash to any of the sites.
- Refreshments provided all day.
- Acton Center: lawn in front of Acton Memorial Library on Rte. 27
- South Acton: Jones Tavern on Rte. 27 before South Acton bridge
- West Acton: parking lot at Douglas School on Elm Street
Town of Acton including the Natural Resources Department, Highway Department, Acton Municipal Department, Acton Citizens for Environmental Safety, Acton Democratic Town Committee, Acton Republican Town Committee and local businesses.