The flow of materials through Acton is currently an unsustainable system in many ways:
- Materials that have no way of being reused or recycled are brought in to Acton
- Some materials are hazardous to life, and are brought in quantities too large for safety.
- Our systems for reusing and recycling are incomplete.
Green Acton has worked on three main aspects of the flow of materials:
- Reducing the use of plastics.
- Improving reuse and recycling options
- Citizen involvement in getting trash off of our streets