The flow of materials through Acton is currently an unsustainable system in many ways:
- materials that have no way of being reused or recycled are brought in to Acton
- some materials are hazardous to life, and are brought in quantities too large for safety.
- our systems for reusing and recycling are incomplete
Green Acton has worked on three main aspects of the flow of materials:
- reducing the use of plastics
- improving reuse and recycling options
- resident involvement in getting trash off of our streets