The Admin committee meets about twice/month, usually during the day at local restaurants and cafes, to plan agendas for meetings, and to prepare and edit drafts of Green Acton policies. The committee welcomes new participants. The committee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Land Use committee generally meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Acton Town Hall. The committee welcomes new participants. The committee can be reached at email@example.com. Continue reading
The Energy committee meets as needed about once every two months. The committee welcomes new participants. The committee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Continue reading
The Plastics committee welcomes new participants especially those concerned with issues relating to plastic bags, polystyrene, water bottles, and other forms of plastic waste that blight our communities. The committee can be reached at email@example.com. Continue reading
Green Acton’s Water Committee works to protect and improve Acton’s ground, surface and drinking water, through information gathering, advocacy, public education, and collaboration with other concerned groups. More specifically, the Water Committee:
- Continues the work of ACES in watchdogging the Superfund sites that threaten Acton’s water quality
- Monitors threats and risks to the quality of Acton’s ground, surface, and drinking water, from any and all sources
- Monitors threats and risks to water quantity and water availability, including from overdevelopment, climate change, population growth, and neighboring towns
- Gathers, organizes and disseminates information and data relevant to water in Acton
- Works to overcome threats to the quality or quantity of Acton’s water through citizen advocacy, information sharing, public education, and other means.
The Water committee meets face-to-face once a month, generally on the second Sunday of the month, 2:30-4:30 in the Acton Memorial library (double check GA calendar, however). We also have an active email discussion group. The committee welcomes new participants at our meetings or on our discussion list. For questions or to join the email group: firstname.lastname@example.org. Continue reading