After being certified as a Green Community in 2010, the town of Acton applied for and received funding from the state each year after that. Here’s a partial list of projects:
- Funding energy conservation measures and lighting upgrades at the Memorial Library
- An HVAC analysis of Town Hall and installation of a tankless hot water heater and vending misers
- Lighting retrofits with LED technology at the Public Safety Facility building and Davis Memorial
- An energy education outreach program in the Acton-Boxborough Regional School District.
- Installation of demand controls in the RJ Grey School.
- Ventilation, resetting the unit ventilator controls, air sealing with caulking, and re-commissioning of boiler and rooftop unit; and air sealing with caulking at Conant, Douglas, Gates Elementary schools and the Administration building.
- Funding additional energy conservation measures in the Memorial Library and five schools.