This now-defunct group worked on education and advocacy around climate issues.
The group was formed in 2004 as a local chapter of the Massachusetts Climate Action Network (MCAN). It stopped operating in 2007, and its work and many of its people became part of Green Acton.
- Organized a well-attended Energy Fair at the Junior High.
- Helped organize the donations needed to get the first solar panels on an Acton Boxborough school building.
- Ran an campaign to bring volume trash pricing to the Acton Transfer station. (defeated at a special town meeting)
- Participated in 2006- 2008 Earth Days, with information on residential solar power and other topics.
- Letters of endorsement for Cape Wind, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, and more.
- Worked with Town Staff to encourage the hiring of an ESCO (Energy Services Corporation) to enable energy-savings projects paid for by future energy savings.
Here is an archive of the old ActonClimate.org website including minutes is available here.